|My first time in snow. (North Carolina, December 2009)|
Gina from Anything Imaginable recently posted these 22 questions about Christmas. I've seen some other bloggers answer it, too. So here we go...
22 Questions about Christmas:
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? I'm South African, and I guess that's my excuse for not having a clue what Eggnog is. But I sure know what hot chocolate is, and I LOVE it!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Santa wraps most of them, but sometimes the bag or packaging is already pretty, so no wrapping would be necessary.
3. Colored lights on tree/house, or white? I personally prefer small, white lights. They just create a more magical, Christmas feel.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. I don't even know if you can get mistletoe in Taiwan.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Some time during the first two weeks of December, when I feel overwhelmed by the Christmas spirit.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Anything my mom makes.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? My grandmother was always worried that my brothers, sister and I wouldn't get enough presents, so she wouldn't stop buying more until we each had at least twenty gifts from her.
8. When, and how, did you learn the truth about Santa? I always knew, I just humored the adults who thought they were being so clever and cute.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Since I can remember my family has always opened all gifts on Christmas Eve right after dinner. Christmas Day was just for eating, watching movies and relaxing with the fam.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I believe that less is more. This year, it took me almost an hour and a half to unfold all the branches on our new, fake Christmas tree. And then it only took about ten minutes to decorate it with some lights.
11. Snow! Love it, or dread it? Love love love it! I've only been in snow once. That was two years ago when The Boyfriend and I were with his family in North Carolina. I was the crazy girl running around in the snow by herself.
12. Can you ice skate? I don't know, I've never tried it. I can roller blade... does that count?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I've received many memorable gifts, but I just immediately thought of the pink BMX bike, complete with a white basket on the front, that I got when I was about six or seven years old.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being able to celebrate it with the people I love.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? A South African dessert called "Malva Pudding". It's a sweet pudding served with hot custard.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Eating delicious food and exchanging gifts.
17. What tops your Christmas tree? A big, silver star.
18. Which do you prefer; giving or receiving gifts? I enjoy both. I love seeing someone opening a gift that I know they really want and I love the excitement of opening presents myself.
19. Candy canes; yuck or yum? With my braces, it would probably take me two days to eat one, but I think they're yummy.
20. Favorite Christmas show/movie? Home Alone
21. Saddest Christmas song? There are sad Christmas songs!?
22. Favorite Christmas song? Winter Wonderland
Copy these questions and answer them on your blog if you want. Don’t forget to put the link to your post in the comments below so that I can check it out!
10… 9… 8… 7… 6… 5… 4…