Ruby, over at Girlfriends are like shoes, tagged me to do this post. So, in the words of Barney Stinson; Challenge accepted!
- Post the rules.
- Post 11 fun facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the tagger has set for you.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
- Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
- Let them know you've tagged them.
My 11 fun facts:
- I grew up in a small town (population 13 000) in South Africa, and now live in Taipei City (population 3 000 000) in Taiwan.
- I love the smell of books. For me, there's nothing quite like taking a whiff from a new book. I also love reading and collecting them.
- All three my siblings live abroad; my sister and one of my brothers live in Dubai (UAE) and my oldest brother lives on a cruise ship. My parents still live in South Africa.
- I can easily get addicted to almost any TV show.
- I met The Boyfriend three years ago at an Oasis concert in Taiwan.
- I teach English as a second language. English is also my second language. My first language is Afrikaans, and there are about 7 million native speakers in the world, mostly in South Africa and Namibia.
- I love high heels, but I hate wearing them.
- I want to see as much of the world as possible; so far I've been to South Africa, Namibia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, USA, United Arab Emirates and the Philippines. I hope to add more this year.
- I'm an obsessive list maker.
- I am a total dog person.
- For some reason, unknown to me, I strongly dislike Nicholas Cage and Mandy Moore.
My questions to answer:
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My teeth! But I recently got braces, so it's changing as we speak.
- What is your favorite song? And why? I really love "Firework" from Katy Perry. It's just one of those feel-great songs.
- What is one of your worst habits? Telling The Boyfriend what to do, even though he's a grown man.
- What do you value most about your friends? Their unique personalities and sense of humor.
- Which do you prefer; dogs or cats? No-brainer! Dogs.
- Are you truly happy with your life? Yes I am. I'm very blessed.
- What is your favorite TV show? At the moment, "How I met your mother". Of all time, "Friends".
- In your opinion, what is the best way to spend a day off? Sleeping in, eating a lot and spending the day outside with The Boyfriend.
- If you could be anyone for a day, who would you want to be? Someone with a ridiculous amount of money. I'll use that money to buy food and build houses for people in need.
- Which social cause do you personally feel strongest about? Marriage equality. I don't understand why gay couples can't get married in most countries.
Your questions to answer:
- What did you eat for breakfast today?
- What is one thing you do when you’re by yourself that you wouldn’t do with other people around?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Do you prefer coffee, tea or neither? Why?
- Do you believe in “love at first sight”? Why?
- Are you subscribed to anyone on YouTube? Whose videos do you watch religiously?
- Can you do anything “weird” with your body?
- What was the last book you read?
- Do you prefer winter or summer? Why?
- If you can travel to any country this year, where would you go?
- What is your favorite time of the day? Why?
- Cherry from A day with me
- Liesl from Fabulous fashions 4 sensible style
- Lovely Tan from It's a lovely day
- Jasmine from La Bella Vita
- That Brunette One from That Brunette One
- Robin from Carolina Robin
- Kristina from Pennies from Heaven
- Fashionista Era from Fashionista Era
- Kinga from Lady K
- Remy from Cinnamon Bubbles
- Anna from Moments of Libra