GUILTY pleasures? I don't think so! I would never feel guilty for something that gives me pleasure. Isn't joy, happiness and pleasure what we spend our lives trying to find and experience? When you find something that blows your hair back, why would you feel guilty about that?
It got me thinking about my definitely-not-guilty guilty pleasures. And seeing that making lists gives me an immense amount of pleasure, here is my Top 10 “guilty” pleasures list:
- Reality shows - The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, The Bachelorette, Project Runway, Keeping up with the Kardashians, you name it, I'll watch it.
- Sleeping in on a Saturday - And it's even better when I continue to wear my pajamas for the rest of the afternoon.
- McDonalds delivery - Don't be too jealous, but here in Taiwan, McDonalds delivers to your door 24/7. You heard me, even at 3:00am!
- Shopping - Anywhere, anytime and any place.
- Doing absolutely nothing
- People-watching - We humans do really strange, and entertaining, things when we think nobody is watching us.
- www.peopleofwalmart.com - This website makes me feel really good about myself.
- Staying in a really nice hotel - It's clean, it has a nice, big bath tub, fluffy white robes and a mini bar. What's not to love?
- Buying stationery - I can never have enough notebooks, color markers, highlighters, Post Its or multicolored folders.
- Chips and snacks - I'm a snacker. I love to munch and nibble around the clock.
Honestly, I don't feel a teeny tiny bit guilty about any of these things. If I'm not hurting myself or anyone else, I should not feel guilty for wanting to know what the Kardashian sisters are up to, or for eating that whole family size bag of Cheetos by myself. So what “guilty” pleasure blows your hair back?