2012 has been a very blessed and busy year for us. It seems like every year is just getting better and better. I'm excited for what 2013 has in store for us. I'm very thankful for the amazing experiences we were able to have this past year. Here is a list of some of the highlights of 2012 for me:
1. Attending three Taiwanese weddings
|Me and The Boyfriend at a co-worker's wedding|
2. Being asked to be a friend's maid of honor at her wedding
I'm so honored that one of my friends here in Taiwan asked me to be her maid of honor at her wedding next year. The Boyfriend will be her fiance's best man. This means so much to us. I can't wait for the wedding... and the bachelorette party.
3. Traveling to Japan
|Our much used Lonely Planet for TOKYO|
4. Going on a 2-week cruise in the Mediterranean and visiting Italy, Greece, Turkey, Spain, Monaco and France
|The Boyfriend and I on the Ruby Princess sailing out of Monte Carlo, Monaco|
5. Spending 2 weeks with my brother and his fiance on the Ruby Princess
|My brother and I during formal night on the Ruby Princess|
6. Visiting my sister in Dubai
|My mom, me and my sister in Dubai, UAE|
7. The best surprise ever!
When we arrived at the airport in Dubai after our time in Barcelona, my sister and her boyfriend met us there. AND... my mom surprised us by being there,too! She flew from South Africa and spent the week and a half with us in Dubai. At that time, I haven't seen her for a year and a half, and this surprise just added to an already wonderful summer vacation. Also, it was nice to spend my birthday with them; the first time in three years.
8. Spending time with my brother and his fiance in Dubai
|The Boyfriend and I in Dubai, UAE|
9. Reaching 500 followers on my blog
|Screenshot of the day I reached 500 followers|
10. My braces coming off
|My first non-braces photo|
11. Having my best friends from South Africa visit me in Taiwan
|Me and my friends from South Africa on Halloween|
12. Good friends finding out they're pregnant, having babies and getting engaged
So many of my friends in South Africa got married this past year, and it breaks my heart that I couldn't attend it and share in their joy. Although I couldn't be there, I'm still so happy for each of them and wish them all the best. Also, 2012 was the year of the baby, it seems. Many friends gave birth to healthy, happy babies, which makes me feel very happy as well.
13. Celebrating our 3-year anniversary in Japan
|The Boyfriend and I in Tokyo, Japan|
14. Going to the Lady Gaga concert
|Our tickets to see Lady Gaga in Taipei|
15. Going to see Roxette in concert
|Seeing Roxette live in Taipei|
I'm so thankful for all these memories and blessings that absolutely made 2012 the best year ever... so far... May everyone have a spectacular 2013!
What are your highlights from 2012?