As you might have noticed, I skipped Day 5. The topic, "A time you thought about ending your own life", is just not something that I have ever considered or even thought about. So let's move on to Day 6 where I'll be sharing 30 interesting facts about myself. Well, here we go with the 30 facts, you can decide if they're interesting...
1. I can't draw to save my life. My drawing skills stopped developing at around the age of 10, which means I still draw stick figures. I can color within the lines though, does that count?
2. I just adore old people, and enjoy spending time with them and listening to their stories.
3. I think puppies are cuter than babies.
4. I have a very musical family, and appreciate almost all genres of music, depending on my mood.
5. My last name is in German, although I can't speak the language. I do understand some of it because it's quite similar to Afrikaans (my native language).
6. In high school, I won awards for being the fastest typist in school. Both my brothers, and my sister, won the exact same awards when they were in high school. Obviously, spirit fingers are in the family.
7. The Boyfriend and I rarely call each other by our first names. We have a handful of nicknames, with numerous variations, that we use, even during serious conversations.
8. I'm an annoying morning person, and am at my most productive before lunch time.
9. I can't watch Western or Science Fiction movies. Zzz...
10. I wear giant frog slippers at home, which I've had for 3 years. The Boyfriend and I call them "The Froggies". We have come up with an elaborate life story for them...
11. Traveling is my favorite thing to do, and so far I've been to 16 different countries.
12. I'm an optimistic realist, if something like that existed.
13. I don't like soda drinks, and love drinking water.
14. I think my family is hilarious, and we should probably have been a traveling circus.
15. I can't go camping for more than one day. I'm a girly girl and I need my stuff.
16. English is my second language, which I learned in school, but I never really spoke English before I came to Taiwan to teach it.
17. I had a very happy childhood, and feel very fortunate to have three siblings and amazing parents.
18. I'm not very sentimental with materialistic things. I just don't place so much value on "things". I will easily throw away stuff that others would probably hang on to.
19. My favorite ice cream flavor is cookies and cream.
20. I love reading, browsing, collecting and smelling books... Bookstores and libraries are my happy place.
21. I've lived in Taiwan for 5 years, but I can't speak Mandarin, only some general phrases. But I can usually pick up on what others are talking about. I do want to study it full time in the future though.
22. I like listening to gangster rap and vulgar hip hop music. I don't know why. Maybe because I'm usually a "good girl", and like to feel like a badass sometimes.
23. I was obsessed with playing "Grand Theft Auto" on the computer and Playstation as a teenager, and loved the feeling of driving over people and taking their money.
24. I love to eat and people are often surprised at how much or how often I can have a serious chow down session.
25. I shave my legs every other day, I can't go longer than that.
26. I'm terrified of snakes, spiders, heights and clowns.
27. I do really silly things to make The Boyfriend laugh.
28. I love spending time by myself, and don't need to be entertained by others.
29. I had very long hair as a young girl, down to my bum, and when my mom cut it the first time, she almost cried and proceeded to keep it.
30. I get cold easily, and if it was possible, I'd hibernate through the winter and never leave the house.
What do you have in common with me?