A while back, I posted What's in my bag? here on my blog, and more recently, What's in my shower?. The popularity of these posts didn't surprise me one little bit. I already know that my readers are nosy as hell; just like me!
For a while now, I've been thinking of featuring some guest bloggers on my site, and thought that I would stick with the "What's in my....?" theme, as everyone seems to really enjoy these types of posts.
From now on, I'll have a guest blogger here on Pretty.Random.Things. every Saturday! I asked the hilarious Andrea to be my first guest blogger, and she decided to share with us, the many treasures in her purse. Enjoy!
Hello all you lovely Pretty.Random.Things. readers! I’m Andrea, and I blog over at Andrea Out Loud! about random things, life, food, and even some ridiculous ways I manage to make a fool out of myself. As you can imagine, when Liesl approached me to do this post, I was more than thrilled for multiple reasons.
The “What’s in your….?” type posts are some of my favorites to read. Maybe (ok, definitely) I’m a little nosy, but I like to see what other people have in their make-up bag, in their lunchboxes, in their drawers; and, without a doubt– what’s in their purses/bags.
Now, let me preface this by saying that I am in no way a crazy bag lady – however, I always end up with the most ridiculous things in my purse. And sometimes I truly wonder how all of that stuff even fits. I use it as a transport of sorts. I throw stuff in there to bring to someone, bring home, bring to work, etc and sometimes (okay, usually) it gets buried and lost in the abyss and doesn’t see daylight again for weeks.
Oh Liesl, how I love you for giving me this reminder and opportunity that it is prime time to clean out my
black holepurse… but before I do that – I’ll
give you guys a looksy at what’s in there.
Let’s split it up into two categories shall we?
First – The Necessities:
- My wallet. I like to call this my big obnoxious Texas wallet. I am in no way a cowgirl, but my wonderful boyfriend got this for me as a gift (while he was traveling through Texas for work of course). And I’m not gonna lie, I love it.
- My ID. This only gets special mention because I still have my Alaska ID…even though I have now lived in North Carolina for 10 months. Whenever I give it to anyone, they look at me like I’m an alien.
- A little mirror (Victoria Secret)
- Cell phone. A must.
- Gum. Minty fresh.
- Hair ties. I always have a million floating around in there…that is, until I really need one.
- Mini deodorant. I have issues.
- Tampon(s). Always prepared.
- Luna Bar. I always have to have a snack on hand! (It is the S’mores flavor, if you’re wondering).
Now… these are the items I like to call the “Transport Items” or basically, things that got sucked into the abyss.
Yes, don’t worry. I can explain.
- Phone charger. I have been using my phone like crazy at work lately so it always needs a midday charge. My other charger broke so I’m carting one back and forth daily.
- Lighter. This isn't a usual for me. I don’t smoke, and have no idea how it got into my purse.
- Magnet from the emergency veterinary clinic. We had to go there last weekend and I grabbed it off the counter… and in my purse it has stayed.
- A Tide laundry detergent “pod.” It came in the mail at work as a sample…. 2 weeks ago.
- Tennis ball. My dog’s tennis ball that I found outside of our apartment. I picked it up and put it in there to bring in the house….2 weeks ago.
- Pile of miscellaneous crumpled up receipts. All for small stuff like a Subway sandwich at lunch, dog food, etc. I instantly throw them in there and they stay until there are so many that I can't stand it anymore.
- Star shaped cookie cutter. I let someone borrow it for cookies last week and they so kindly returned it to me… and then it never left my purse.
- Pampered Chef recipe card. I received it at a party I attended last week. My purse was obviously the best place, ya know, for convenience and safe keeping.
- The boob. Okay, I promise I am not some kind of weird perv. This was actually something I received at a Breast Cancer Awareness Benefit I attended earlier this year (it has the associations info on the back, promise). It is one of those stress reliever hand squeezy things (“stress boob?”). I actually brought it to work to show a coworker who was putting on a similar benefit and was looking for fun ideas for freebies to give out other than the usual key chains, etc. (If you are wondering, she liked the idea and ordered some!) Unfortunately, it has been taking up space in my purse for a whopping 2 weeks now as well. Could you imagine if I accidentally whipped that out at the grocery store?
So, there you have it; everything that’s in my purse. Now, time to get rid of those crazy "transport items" and start all over… I wonder what types of things I’ll find in another two weeks! But, I’m dying to know….
What is the strangest thing in your purse/bag/backpack right now?